Wednesday 27 August 2008

Uneventful...

... few days. Bank Holiday weekend - nothing planned and did nothing out of the ordinary. Weather wasn't brilliant so took the chance to do nothing for the weekend other than the normal calling into Dad and dropping, creaming, lotioning and cooking - lol!! Yesterday I just felt really tired so did ..... nothing, again!! Made up for it today though - I'm totally cream-crackered now.

Car went for its postponed MOT this morning. As Cally was at work - so couldn't visit her - I decided to sit and wait for it. Went prepared with newspapers, mag and a book to read 'cos I anticipated a wait of a couple of hours.....MOT about an hour and new tyre fitting, another one. Ended up waiting 3 hours 'cos they found that the 'slight blow' on my exhaust which they had warned me about on Friday was actually because of corrosion that split the pipe when it went through the MOT and I also had something wrong with one of the brakes that needed a bit of attention! Not content with the £150+ they had off of me on Friday I had to pay 'em another £185+ today - :0(( Now I've got to get the road tax - doh!! Just another £145 to find - lol! Think that could be the last of the payouts.... at least, I hope so. Reckon saying goodbye to nearly £1000 in less than a week is enough!

Finished today by doing the grocery shopping while I was out and decided to have something very rare for me - a bit of retail therapy in Marks & Sparks! Treated myself to a couple of pair of trousers and some new underwear.

Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Even your 'uneventful' days seem full of events of note Pam. Hope the car behaves itself now.