Saturday 22 November 2008

Got on ...

... scales today and I've lost nearly ½ a stone in just over a week and that's without even trying! Just goes to show what an extra bit of stress can do. I lost ½ a stone quite quickly after Mum died, sorting out the house for Dad, so that's nearly a stone I've lost since April without being on a diet .....

Quiet day with Dad today - thank heaven. Having TV on seems to be calming him a little, although I had to check out all 4 of his clocks as he thought they'd all stopped working. They hadn't - not even one of them - but once he was convinced of that he settled again.

A bit of success on the Freecycle front. Somebody actually collected an item today and I'm delivering one tomorrow - hooooooooooooray! Still no takers on the TV though so reckon that it will join the tip run. Already got my car boot full ready to go and think there may have to be a 2nd trip. There's 2 box loads of toys and crafty stuff for the littlie grand-daughters and more grown-up stuff for the eldest grand-daughter. I've also started another collection for the Dogs Trust. Can't believe how much junk we have and there's still loads more in the loft and in a big shed. It's all stuff we've decided, over a period of time, that we don't want but have kept to take to car boot sales. Trouble is, we've never got round to doing the car boots and now, needs must that we get rid - lol!! Won't know ourselves when it's all cleared ....... perhaps I can catch up with the photos I need to take soon - lol!

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Cazz said...

I know what you mean about losing weight after stress hun xxx And its good to hear your dad is more settled today. When you have done your loft, can you come and do mine as I dread to think what is up there LOL

take care xx

Cazz said...

Me again lolol Pop over to my blog as I have something for you xxx