Thursday 8 January 2009

Not posting much...

... 'cos I've still not got new laptop sorted out. Received the new hard drive very quickly. One problem - it was for a desktop and not a lappy! Contacted the very nice people in India again and I'm now waiting for the right hard drive to arrive. Even if I get the new hard drive I haven't yet received the recovery discs to reload all the software it came with so still can't do much until they arrive - :o( In the meantime my dear techie has my laptop and is trying to rescue as much info from the deceased hard drive as he can. Just as well I haven't had it long but wish I'd done my normal backups as there are photos on it that I can't replace if I've lost them ..... doh!

I need to do a bit of Mummy boasting ... Youngest son went back to work, following the Christmas break, to a new job. He's still with the same company but he was more-or-less head-hunted by a different department before Christmas. He applied for the open position and got it and .... it's very rare but, it's 2 positions higher (they don't usually promote more than 1 above) and it's taken him into the higher rate taxpayer bracket. On top of that he went back to an appraisal and has been given the highest grade possible of which only 2 o/o (no percent sign on eldest's lappy - missing key - lol!) of employees in the company ever get. Means that there's yet another big payrise on the horizon for him. He's worked really hard to obtain his qualifications. He didn't go to uni, preferring to join the workforce when he finished his 'A' levels. He saw himself through the first 2 levels of his professional exams by correspondence course and while all this was going on he became a property owner, got married and had a family. He's been so dedicated and determined and it's good to see it all now coming together for him - and finally with a company that actually appreciates what he does. I'm a very proud Mum - of both my boys (not that they'd thank me for calling them boys - lol!)

Quiet week with Dad this week although he got himself a bit confused when he realised that Mum's birthday is on the horizon. He says he doesn't know what to do for it - bless! Mum would hate anything in the paper and it's too cold to take flowers to put where we scattered the ashes. I've suggested to Dad that I try to find a nice photo so he can put flowers by it. There's a problem with that. Mum hated having her photo taken so, in all of the most recent ones, it looks as though she was scowling (which she probably was - lol!) and the only ones that are anywhere near what I would call 'nice' are some years old. I'm thinking perhaps one of their wedding photo's blown up a bit .....

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Jackie said...

what about a nice ólder'photo of Mum in a frame for Dad? or a scrapbook?? if you got time to do one? with Mum and Dad in it??

Budge said...

Well done to your son Pam on his promotion.

sylv xx