Saturday 16 May 2009

Oh boy, oh boy ...

... talk about spaced out! The stronger pain killers are just that - killers!! I managed to get 6 into me on Thursday and they certainly took the pain away although it didn't improve my walking. Took 2 when I got up yesterday morning and within ½ an hour my legs were all tingly and my head in cloud-cuckoo-land. I couldn't trust myself to drive so had to get hubby to take me to Dad's which was a very quick visit - drop newspapers off, drop eye and run (figuratively speaking!) *LOL* - didn't even bother lotioning feet! Back home to try to get myself together for the afternoon as had to take Dad for his hearing aid check-up and, having had the appointment for that changed half a dozen times I didn't want it changed again. Didn't take any more of the pain killers until I'd got back from the afternoon running around. Have decided that perhaps a dose of 2 is a wee bit too much for me so I've dropped it down to one, infrequently and, if I'm honest, I still feel a tiny bit spaced out but at least I'm functioning which is more than I was yesterday morning!! I certainly wouldn't have trusted myself with anything important yesterday. Why people would want to take them through choice though (apparently they can be addictive) is beyond me. The feeling is awful and the sooner I don't need them the better I shall like it!.

The last of the big bulky stuff sold has been collected this morning. The only things left that will need to go, but after Dad's moved, is the fridge and freezer. I may be lucky and be able to sell them this afternoon. There's a guy coming to buy a set of ladders, who should have come this morning, and I mentioned I was waiting for an appliance to be picked up. Apparently he's moving in June and 'has nothing'. Wanted to know if there was a washing machine - *doh!* Told him everything like that had gone but after he'd rung off I realised there was still the fridge & freezer. Methinks I shall be talking to him this afternoon 'cos if he don't need until June and we don't want to get rid yet ........ assuming he needs one or other or both! Could be that fate is stepping in.

I've had a few nice bits in the post this week. I've bought a ScorPal and the Fiskars Threading Water (Scalloped Lace) punch. Today I received the Sugar Nellie Daisy stamp and I also bought the Daisy & Dolly stamp. Although I'm not at all keen on these stamps where the subject has no face (really weird and spooky to my mind) I gave in and bought one stamp that I don't dislike .... Gorjuss Sitting. Of all the faceless images I think the Gorjuss ones are just about passable. Whether it's because they're really modern or not I have no idea but they are certainly a lot better than the Magnolia ones, although Giggling Tilda is OK ...... 'cos she's got her hand in front of where her mouth should be *LOL* Need the time to play now but will take them all with me to the Crafters House Party 'cos reckon I should get some there ..... can't wait! I'm getting really excited about it now that everything is in place. I'm so looking forward to meeting up with good friends, especially those from the north of the country who I rarely get a chance to see.

Thanks for dropping by .....




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Jan R said...

Sounds like you're nearly all done now re your Dad house etc which must be a relief for you Pam. At least there won't be too much unpacking when he moves in next week!
You take care with those painkillers, and hope you're feeling much better soon.

Janet said...

You have had a monumental task to accomplish and seem to have taken it all in your stride. Well done! Have a wonderful time at your House Party and I look forward to hearing all about it. Careful with the old painkillers - la la land is not a good place to be but it is often a choice between that and agony! Best wishes.