Monday 6 July 2009

Oh no! ...

... not another needle! Got a letter Saturday asking me to ring hospital to make an appointment for my scan. Now this scan is not an MRI scan which is what I thought I was going to have. It's an Isotope Bone Scan and it involves me being injected with a mild radioactive tracer. Don't care what they put in me but why does it have to involve a needle? Anyway, after injection I can go away from hospital 'cos scan doesn't take place until at least 3 hours later - or in my case it's 4 'cos I've now got the appointment ...... 20th July! Seems that I won't be glowing in the dark but they don't recommend that I sit children on my lap for the day and if I've intentions of flying within 6 weeks I need to tell them 'cos they will give me a letter. Apparently there's a possibility that the radioactive residue will be enough to set alarms off in that time! I've not got any such intentions but it's good to know I shall be 'live' - *LOL*

Not sure if I'll get another letter for an MRI as well but I'm sure the consultant said that I needed a bone and soft tissue scan and I'm also sure he mentioned MRI - unless I was hearing things. I assumed an MRI would do both but looks as though I got that one wrong - *oooops!*

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam one way or another,you do have a very interesting life lol
Sue c

Liz said...

I sympathize with you Pam I had to have this done twice at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee and like you I hate needles. Amazing what we have done to us and live to tell the tale! xx