Wednesday 2 September 2009

Exciting morning ...

... this morning - not! Decided to take a trip to supermarket as not much needed by way of grocery shop. All went well, trolley filled within ½ hour and, just as I arrived at checkout the fire alarm went off. Oh what fun - evacuate store, leaving shopping behind and wait for Fire & Rescue to arrive. Think there must have been a lot of abandoned trolleys to be recovered by the time we were allowed back as there were plenty of people got into their cars and left. I may have done the same if it wasn't for the fact that I'd finished shopping and only needed to go through checkout. ½ hour after alarm had sounded we were all allowed back into store - false alarm! The walking around, let alone the added waiting time, didn't do much for my hip and plans for the afternoon have been shelved but at least I've managed a real shop as opposed to a 'virtual' one - *LOL*

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: