Tuesday 8 September 2009

Well, I was ...

... really hopeful today! I was really thinking that the next entry on this blog would be 100's of photos taken from the balloon. The weather is gorgeous, with barely a breath of wind but .... there's enough when it gusts so flight booking #18 has moved to #19! Apparently, although it looks and feels ideal on the face of it (and this morning's flight happened) the breeze is gusting to 28mph at, or near, the take-off site (so they tell me) so it's not happening. To say I'm disappointed this time is an understatement! I'm now beginning to wonder whether I am actually ever going to get this flight. I know I believe in fate but it's getting beyond a joke now! Perhaps fate is telling me to give up the idea of a balloon flight. The end of the flying season is fast approaching ....

Wind? What wind? ...


On a happier note. Hubby and I had a BBQ to go to on Sunday - with his shooting buddies. It was held at the Hare and Hounds, Framfield - not far from the balloon take off site. It was totally different to the normal BBQ's as it was mainly traditional Morrocan food. Lemon chicken tagine, spicy lamb sausages, Morrocan lamb kebabs with peppers, meatballs cooked in tomato sauce with eggs broken on top. Various salads, all with a Morrocan twist and everything extremely delish!! To cover all palates there was also salmon trout and homemade game pie. I'm looking forward to the next one! Bramble was ever hopeful, even before the table was filled .....


... and here is Lolli, now called Dolly, who has filled out somewhat since she's been with her new owner - or is that because she's maturing in age, if not in actions - *LOL*

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: