Friday 10 September 2010

Birthday cards.

Two birthdays this week. Youngest grandson was 2 yesterday and a future step-grandson was 13 on Tuesday. Little one was easy enough to do. I'd bought a Kanban kit from QVC a few months ago. Don't normally go in for kits as I don't really relate to them as crafting. A bit of sticking and matting and layering and they're done. Doesn't do it for me unfortunately however I could see a use for this kit - Kanban Wobblers - because of the novelty value for kids of all ages. As Zac is a little monkey there was only one I could do ....

I made an acetate 'spring' to attach his head (lesson learnt from making the elephant earlier in year) and it is far more secure although it's not quite as 'wobbly'.  I curved the arms so they stood out from the body a way and curved the bow tie to give it dimension.  I then found my stash of wobbly eyes so added those over the printed eye. Trimmed the rocker so there wasn't as much 'spare' overhanging the edge, age added with peeloffs - job done!  Dont know what little Zac really thought of it 'cos he opened Great-Grandad's card, which was shop bought and had a teddy on it, and spent the next 15 minutes walking round with that repeating, like a broken record, 'oh look'!  Well, he is only 2 ... bless!


I don't really know the future step-grandson and have no idea what interests he has. When I see his Mum he's usually with his Dad so, although we do see him on occasion, it's not often. He seems a nice lad though and we have to recognise he exists so a quick phone call to eldest and it's football! Tottenham Hotspur to be exact. Just hope I got it right. Not heard to the contrary ....


Ingredients:
Textured card blank from stash
SU backing papers (offcuts from my stash),
Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio, Classic circles & scalloped circles for sentiment and rosette,
Pictures of strip from t'internet
Computer generated sentiments

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Pam Swadling said...

Two fab cards Pam I'm sure they were well received.

Cally said...

Fab cards Pam. I love that wobbler one. I must get mine out to use.

cally xx

Helen J said...

Great cards Pam, and I love the wobbler - like you say, just perfect for little ones. Helen x

My'scardcorner said...

Saw the monkey before and thought it wasgreat.Also like the football card perfect for a young boy.
Myrax