Friday 8 October 2010

Crafter's House Party 2010 - #2

Here's another couple of the shoebox cards made at the House Party weekend.
Jackie's card.
Jackie chose a very feminine envelope style card.  This card I took home to complete as the stamps available for the sentiment weren't my cup of tea and I knew I had just the one I wanted to use at home so, the insert was left to finish at home.  I do know that the flowers and leaves were from Fred She Said .... and the stamp is an Impression Obsession wood mounted one.
This card was flat and had no way of standing on it's own although some people managed to make it so that it opened in the standard way so that the envelope effect was the front of the card.  I've added a 'stand' to the back of this one.  Just a triangular piece of card scored in the relevant place and adhered to the back.  It flattens for putting into an envelope.



JanR's card.
Jan's card was so simple to do but how effective is this?  The backing card was scored diagonally at 1inch intervals.  The backing medallion is the Spellbinders Lotus Shapeability medallion and the tag was made from a scalloped circle.  Don't know where the image came from but it's coloured with Copics and Stickles were used to bling the snow.  Glitterati bling was used at the intesections of the scored lines but I've just noticed that one has dropped off.  May be in the polybag but otherwise I've got to find some and Mr Google hasn't been of much help in finding it.  Perhaps Jan, if you read this, you can point me in the right direction?


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Lovely cards Pam! I have sent you an email re the gems.

Jan x