Tuesday 25 November 2008

Stamping and Floral Punch Craft.

Here are my versions of the beautiful cards we made at the North Yorkshire meet on 1st November, where Jak was our tutor. The morning class was taken up with stamping and the afternoon, Floral Punch Craft. (click on photos for a larger image)

The stamped Christmas card used several techniques including shadow stamping (making use of a stamp positioner), heat embossing and highlighting with Sakura stardust pens. We stamped the reindeer in Brilliance white and, once dry, we used the stamp positioner to slightly offset the black image stamped on top which gave the shadow effect. The greeting was stamped and heat embossed and the other stamped images were highlighted with the Sakura stardust pen. Everything was then matted and layered using mirri board - lovely to look at but awful to photograph - lol!! The whole card was then edged with Krylon pen, after practising on an offcut of card!
The trees are Stampscape stamps (available unmounted or mounted) and the reindeer is a Penny Black stamp.


The sweetpea card was made from shapes punched out of thin card using the 'sweetpea' punch. They were then coloured with a Marvy pen and softened with water and brush. Each part of the punched shapes were then given form using a large embossing tool and were moulded and stuck in place with PVA glue. Tendrils were made from fine strips of green card and the leaves added to the backs of the flowers. They were then stuck to circles cut with Spellbinder's nestabilities and everything was layered up onto a card that had been scored using a ScorPal. A ribbon and crystals were added as a final trim.







The 'Happiness' card was made with two punched blossom shapes and one 'splat' shape per flower. Each petal was embossed to give form and then petals made to 'pop up' by pressing the middle of the individual shapes before they were layered up, off-setting the petals. Stamens were made and added to the centre of each complete flower after the tips had been coloured. The greeting was stamped on a square nestability shape, using Brilliance ink and then, everything was layered onto another card scored on a ScorPal with a ribbon as the finishing touch.


I loved making these cards, particularly the stamped Christmas card as I learnt a lot from doing that but, I also learnt different ways of using my FPC tools to those I've already learnt .... It's always good to have a different take on things!

All punches are available from 'Scrappily Ever After'

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Pam, every one of them. The red card is so very striking- I really do wish I was into stamping. The other cards are so delicate and elegant.
Alice (Beemer)

Joanie said...

More beauties, I am not into stamping myself, I would love to, but I just can't seem to get it right. I love the flower cards too, they are so pretty.
Joanie x

Budge said...

These are lovely Pam. I am not much good at stamping I waste so much card tring to do it. Have just bought some Rock-a-blocs so hope that will help.
Love the FPC cards.

Sylv xx

Helen J said...

Beautiful cards Pam. Wish I could have made it as I love Jak's cards and would love to learn from her! Helen xx

Liz said...

Fantastic cards again Pam! I really envy you that you have classes you can go to. There is nothing in the area where I live and not being able to drive makes it more difficult.

Norma said...

Wow Pam i just love the cards you made at the meet, although they are all gorgeous, the happiness one is my fav i simply love it

Norma x

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

All fabulous

Chris x