Saturday 9 May 2009

Stamped Decoupage.

Gaynor White's class on Thursday saw us making a card using a stamp from the Daisy & Dandelion range. This particular set is exclusive to The Glitterpot and is called 'The Birthday Collection'. It's good in that there is one stamp of each of the characters over the range as well as a few appropriate sentiments so, if you don't want to buy a set of each character this set is probably the one for you. It is a larger set to all the others in the range, hence the slightly larger price tag.

This class was the first I'd done with Gaynor and, although I knew what her speciality was, the class wasn't quite what I was expecting but ... I thoroughly enjoyed it. I knew it would involve decoupaging images stamped onto patterned paper and I assumed that we would be doing the stamping but I was wrong. All the images needed were already stamped onto the paper in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Our input into this card was cutting out the images in the ever-decreasing layers, shaping and putting the layers together using silicone glue for a 3D effect. Gaynor is well known for the 'little' pieces that have to be cut to give the 'fine' detail and little pieces we surely cut although she did tell us it wasn't the smallest she'd done!! The decoupage was then all put together to make the card which was trimmed with ric-rac, the centre of the flowers highlighted with Sakura pen, all the pink bits on the bear were crystal glazed and tiny googly eyes added. To give shape and definition watercolours were added to the bear once the card was put together. There were 8 layers cut in all and I have to say, it's probably just as well we didn't stamp and emboss our own images as it took us the full time of the class just to cut the pieces and make the card .....

Enjoy!!

13 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely card Pam,Love the paper teddy is made from.
Sue

Kimbo said...

Lovely card Pam. I did a class with Gaynor last year and I must say she certainly puts some time into the preparation. Kim x

Joy said...

Lovely card - looks like you're a good 'cutter outer' xx

Jackie said...

Lovely card Pam. I've done some of Gaynor's classes and have to say I've never held my breath so much as I do when I'm cutting out those little bits. She adds some lovely finishing touches that really makes the project special.

Jackie

Bea said...

thats a gorgeous card and a lot of hard work involved
Bea x

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

So cute, love the idea of using the ric-rac along the paper.

Chris x

Sylvia R said...

What a cute card......love the way it stands out..the teddy really looks like material.... Love the colours you've used..xx

Hugs
Sylvia xxx

My'scardcorner said...

That is so cute Pam love the teddy he stands out so well:0)

Sylvia R said...

Me again .

Just popped over to say I've left something on my blog for you x

Hugs
Sylvia R xx

Spyder said...

Lovely card, will have a go at this! Thanks for the link to the GlitterPot and the exclusive D&Dstamps! (Odd tho, when I click on 'The Birthday Collection' it goes back to my Blog dashboard!)
Have a good week

((Lyn))

PeeJay said...

Lyn - somehow the link got 'broken' but it's repaired now!

Kim Dellow said...

That is wonderful Pam, love the dimension. Kim

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, looks soo professional :o)

x