Thursday 16 July 2009

Good bits ...

... over the past few days. Don't seem to have been so many as the bad but perhaps that's because the bad have had more of an effect. Hey-ho! Yep, I'm around again having had another couple of hours sleep, which might have been more had the phone not rung at 8:30am. Phone call from the District Nurse re Dad - and so the day starts ....


Sunday evening: Having spent Sunday afternoon watching her Dad shoot in his archery tournament I spent the evening watching a show put on by my eldest grand-daughter's dance school. Yep, another grand-daughter into dance but this time 'street' is her choice. She joined the same dance school as my middle grand-daughter but didn't like it for some reason so she moved to another, based at her school. She's not been going for long but is really enjoying herself. Yet another show where she had a very limited participation and we had to wait to nearly the end of the show to see her. We were allowed to take photo's here and, although I had a pretty good seat and did take some of her, they didn't come out too well.




Tuesday afternoon: After the horrendous morning seeing Dad back home I had an Indian Head Massage booked for the afternoon. Having had one at the House Party weekend I was interested to see how different this one would be and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I probably didn't get as much benefit from it as I should have done because of the morning activities and my frame of mind when I got there but .... it was different, seemed more effective and I loved it. I just couldn't relax as much as I should have done, or wanted to do. Will certainly be having one again and hopefully will be able to relax into it much more next time.

The only other things that have been good .... Since last Thursday, while I've been out on my travels I've been stopping at random places and taking photographs - including from the car when in queues of traffic! Sad, I know, but I've started looking at things in such a different way since Mum died and I think I'm finally beginning to appreciate some of the nicer points of the area I live in. There is some beautiful scenery within a mile or 2 of where I live so I've decided to record it when I can. Unfortunately the sun doesn't always shine so some of the piccies don't show it at it's best, necessarily .... to be continued *LOL*


Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: