Thursday 16 July 2009

Daylight is ...

... starting to break and with it my memory! *LOL* I've just remembered what I did on Friday. I visited Dad but, on the way there I had to divert to his flat and, as I'd been meaning to since it came out of loft, I actually remembered to put Grandad's leg in the car to take back from whence it came - 32 years late but hey - better late than never *hehe* The ladies on reception found it quite amusing but they tell me they actually have far older legs in the store - and there's me thinking that it would be going somewhere that could use it ... or it's components. Still, it may end up in a museum one day I guess. At least it's out of our way now. Dad now tells me that Grandad had 2 legs. OK, I know most people have 2 legs but not everyone has got 2 right legs *LOL* The one he had in use when he died was returned but this one must already have been in the loft and forgotten about, in which case it could be a fair bit older than originally thought. Anyway, it's finally found it's way back to where it should be now.

The dawn chorus is starting - or at least the gulls are waking up (there's babies on a dormer roof 2 doors up from us but our roof is clear this year ... the netting has worked) - so perhaps I ought to go back to bed and see if I can at least get another hours sleep before it gets too late and I need to be up anyway ......

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: