Wednesday 15 July 2009

Spellbinder's Impressabilities and Nestabilities.

Thursday 9th July and a manic day of classes at the Glitterpot with Paula Pascual. Not the nice relaxing day I was looking forward to as it was a packed couple of classes. To get all projects done was near impossible with my leg problem 'cos queueing really isn't much of an option for me ;0( To ease the pressure in the afternoon I saved one of the projects to finish at home and I actually felt that I was able to put 'quality' time into the other projects. Wish I'd thought to do the same with the morning class but I don't have one of the elements needed to finish them and wasn't impressed enough to want to buy - although I loved the finished effect I didn't like the mess to get it - *LOL* Guess it might not be so messy working at home instead of in a workshop though so, perhaps I'll consider at some point in the future..... especially as, now it's properly dry, it's not messy any more *hehe*

Morning Class - Impressabilities:
I'd bought a couple of these a few weeks ago but not used them. I've read US blogs where they'd been used so was intriqued when I saw this class on the workshop list. Paula has put a new slant on their use. Ink the whole Impressability, pass through the machine and as soon as it's out cover it in ... Pearl-Ex! Paula actually recommended Perfect Pearls over Pearl-Ex but she'd run out. Very, very messy but a beautiful effect.

Self adhesive gems and a brad/button ... something for the flower centre.


Afternoon class - Nestabilities:
Using nesties to make the card blanks, the flowers and the box with a couple of Craftwork Cards elements thrown in for good measure - *LOL*


Ingredients:-
Spellbinders Nestabilites - Scallop Circle, Scallop Squares, Long Classic Scallop Rectangle.
Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Flower Creations
Craftwork Cards
Greetings & Card Candy
Bazzill card and a variety of backing papers.


And to finish ..... a close-up of the gold Pearl-Ex used on the black Versafine to show the beautiful effect of it ...
Click on any image for a larger view.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh GORGEOUS creations!!! Very very pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how very lovely Pam.
Sue c

Paula Pascual said...

Hi Pam
You have an amazing blog! And you take brilliant photos.
Just wanted to let you know that I completely agreed with what you said in the original post, but I wanted to let people know why things were they way the were.
I have learned my lesson! LOL
Paula
x