Monday 17 August 2009

Guess what? ...

... it's not happening - AGAIN! What? My blooming balloon flight!

Once again it's too windy and the forecast, last week, when this one was booked was ideal. Trouble is, it's changed as the days have moved on. Generally nice weather but just too breezy for the balloon to take off. Just done a count up and, unless I've missed any (which is possible because of the odd phone calls I got last year inviting me on flights at last minute) today was (at least) the 13th booking I've made for this flight so #13 has been unlucky for me. It's the 6th booking this year and, bearing in mind that I haven't had a booking in May or June because of hip ... I'm beginning to think that it will be going into next year before I get this flight. I told them last year I seemed to be a jinx - now they're coming to the same conclusion but when fate declares it's the right time for me - it will happen! Got to keep telling myself that else I'd scream! Anyone else ever waited so long for a Christmas present? It's now 20 months since I was given it ....

Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

Janice said...

Such a shame Pam, but I know exactly how you're feeling! I bought my husband a balloon flight (and a ticket for me of course lol) for his 50th in April 1999. After many cancellations due to unsuitable weather and then the Foot & Mouth disease which closed farmland & fields, we finally took the flight in July 2001. Hang on in there because it's worth the wait. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time as we did.