Friday 29 January 2010

Birthday Girls.

Things are looking up! I've had 3 birthdays this week and I've managed to make cards for 2 of them and that's a novelty *LOL*. They're nothing special and I resorted to the dreaded ready made toppers. I hate ready made toppers with a vengeance but one card had to be made quickly. I have to say that, for the size of the cards (they're only A6 - slightly larger than US A2) and the simplicity of them, they were very expensive ... because of the ready made bit! I don't feel as though I can call them handcrafted but I guess they're what card companies would call 'hand finished'. Very, very simple but I think the recipients ... my youngest grand-daughters ... liked them.



Ingredients:
Cream card blank and matching envelope from stash.
Backing paper: Craftwork Cards Yummy Scrummy Paper Pack - Milk Chocolate & Marshmallow - Gold
Plaque:  Spellbinders Nestibility - Classic Scalloped Oval
Toppers and embellies: Forever Friends Elements Stickers - Pretty Ballerina
Lace Ribbon Trim: Martha Stewart Lever Border Punch - Arch Lattice
'Have a Wonderful Day' greeting - Craftwork Cards, Oh My Word! - Birthday Messages


... and here are the birthday girls ...



Emma, now aged 8, on the left and her little sister, Amy, now aged 4

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Love the cards. They are tu tu cute