Sunday 4 April 2010

Fundu Lagoon - Day 2 ...

22nd February ... busy, busy, busy ...

... doing nothing! Well, not quite true but pretty close. Certainly didn't involve anything energetic from me, that's for sure! Morning spent in jetty bar watching the world go by and reading. Considered a swim (even had cozzie on) but decided to watch Jackie take one from the end of the jetty instead ... and me?  Took photos *LOL*





Found out at lunchtime that we were 'in trouble'. Seemed jetty bar wasn't getting cleaned in the morning 'because of guests being there'. Yep, that'd be me and Jackie then. We thought, jetty bar, out of way, out of trouble ... wrong! We'd made sure that we didn't get there before 'opening time', 10am - or so we thought. On doing a double check, found out the bar didn't actually open until 11am and cleaning was done between 10 and 11am so we were putting a stop to proceedings - oops! Hadn't meant to but we wouldn't have bothered if they'd cleaned around us but we were told, "any excuse"! Suitably chastised we promised to be good girls in future - *LOL*!

Lazy afternoon ended with a sundowner cruise in the resort's traditional dhow. Beautiful trip with nibbles and wine. An opportunity to catch a breeze, different views and watch the sunset from the sea.






I took every opportunity to catch a breeze.  I was finding that the humidity was really affecting my breathing and all the while I could keep reasonably cool air flowing around me it helped.  I'd also been having trouble sleeping since we'd arrived in Tanzania, mainly due to the heat but ... I'd found something to help that.  I was soaking a towel every night and laying that over me to cool me down.  It was making the bed damp, admittedly, but that just gave me something cool to lay on.  The towel, combined with fans (no aircon at Beho Beho or Fundu as it was all generator electricity) helped a great deal but I still didn't sleep well.  I was just more comfortable - *LOL*


Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: