Wednesday 16 February 2011

Foxy Birthday Card.

I wasn't going to post this yet but decided I would.  It's for hubby's birthday which isn't until the 23rd but as he doesn't read the blog I'm safe to post it here.  I've also entered it on the forum's February Inspiration challenge.  I was holding back mainly because of that but then remembered that it is no longer a 'competition' challenge.  It used to be entered anonymously and then the cards are voted by the membership but it was changed this month so I am safe to post it before the challenge closing date.

The challenge was to use something from a CD.  Now, I don't do CD crafting although I do have some.  I've bought some but, other than opening them and looking to see what's on them, I've never used one.  Knowing hubby's birthday was on the horizon I thought that I could kill 2 birds etc. etc.  A quick look through the only CDs I had that I thought might have something suitable and I decided on using an image from Joanna Sheen's Jayne Netley Mayhew CD.


I imported image into PSP9 and added a texture effect.  I then added a border and buttonized it - picking out a colour from the fox to tie it all in.  I then mirrored the image, cropped it down, faded it, added the same border/buttonizing and added text to make a matching greeting plaque.  Images were mounted onto thick, bronze pearlescent paper (bought eons ago from Craftwork Cards at a craft show) with that used for the main image being edged with a border punch.  Everything was then mounted onto gold mirri board.  I printed a blank 'plaque' matching the greeting one and stuck that on the base of the card for signing.  Finished off with a few pearls .... job done!


I decided to make a twisted easel card but a double one however, for one reason or another it ended up as a single.  It is also quite small, only being 4" x 4" when flat.  I'm not into 'big' cards and I love how this one has turned out.

Ingredients:
White card for blank
Gold mirri card
Bronze paper
Joanna Sheen's Jayne Netley Mayhew Collection CD (image)
Staples IQ Smooth 160gsm card for printing
Martha Stewart Modern Garland border punch
Woodware inverted corner punch
Gold/bronze pearls from stash

Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Cally said...

What a beautiful card. Aren't you clever... love the image

Sue said...

Great card Pam,Im sure your Hubby will love it.
Sue

Myrna said...

Pam
This card is absolutely gorgeous. Love everything you have done on it.
Myrna

burnee said...

Great card Pam, he'll love it

Kimbo said...

Beautiful Pam. I'm sure Paul will love it

Debs said...

Great card, the grumpy old man will love it lol.
Maybe you should look at your Cd`s more often

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Pam, your hubby will love it.

Sian xx

Viv said...

Love this card Pam, made me smile too !Viv xx

Rumtruffle said...

Hello,
This is my first visit to your lovely blog but not the last as I am now following you.
You have some lovely cards on your blog. I like to scrapbook and make cards.
I am crafty blog hopping this morning to try and meet more people with my interests, if you have a few minutes spare please pop by and say hello you will be warmly welcomed.
Helen x
http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

My'scardcorner said...

Loved this one when i saw it posted in the challeng Pam and bet huby loved it too.
Myrax