Monday 14 March 2011

We are so lucky!

Day after day I've been watching the news since the awful events in Japan and I think how lucky we are to live where we do. The pictures that are being shown now, taken by the ordinary people, really give a sense of the devastation, the power and scale of the tsunami and what it's left in it's wake.  I feel so terribly sorry for those people and can't imagine how they will have the strength to pick themselves up and rebuild their lives.  At the same time I'm in awe.  It may seem strange and even a bit cold-hearted but, when I see pictures of the people that managed to get to high ground and actually watched what was going on beneath them, in a strange way, I'm envious. They were watching a totally natural spectacle which, hopefully, they will never experience the like of again in their lifetime but, in the fullness of time will appreciate the experience that they shared.

It just proves though, no amount of technology or knowledge will beat Mother Nature.  She will always win in the end.

My heart goes out to each and every one of them.

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: