Sunday 27 March 2011

Whoop, whoop! ...

... we've now altered the clocks and we're into British Summer Time!  So glad 'cos it means that the clock in my car is again showing the right time.  It's always on BST.  I just deduct an hour through the winter months when I look at it.  I'd altered the clocks in the kitchen yesterday afternoon while I was working out there and it was still light at what will be nearly 7:30pm today - *grin*   Weather is still playing ball at the moment as well.

Anyways, I managed to get more done in the kitchen than I thought I would yesterday so good progress is now being made.  Didn't quite get to where I wanted to be by the end of Saturday but not far from it.  That steam cleaner has been a godsend.  So looking forward to seeing what else it can do once the kitchen is finished :0)  Gonna have a day off today ... aching in places I forgot I had.  Dinner will be cooked slowly, very slowly as it's Boeuf Bourguignon being cooked the traditional way.  Prepped most of it yesterday so not too much to do today before it goes in for the marathon cooking *hehe*

Nothing else to report at the moment and I think I've caught up with the card photos I've got.  I did put my Year Book together in Photobox to get a larger on screen version to share and I've added that to the relevant post .... here.  Anyone who wants to see more detail that they couldn't see in the Albelli online version may have better luck with the Photobox one.  Only downside is ... it takes a lot longer to load for some reason.  Well, it does for me - *LOL*

I've got one amusing thing to share.  It was sent to me by Sylv (aka Budge) on the forum. I hope she doesn't mind but it made me chuckle - *lol*

"Just ONE example of why English is SO difficult to learn ...
Think about it .... UP
This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word and that word is UP

It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv], [prep], [adj], [n], or [v].

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning why do we wake UP?

At a meeting why does a topic come UP?  Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election.  Why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report?

We call UP our friends, brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen.
We lock UP the house and fix UP the old car ...
At other times this little word has real special meanings.  People stir UP trouble, line queue UP for tickets, work UP an appetite and think UP excuses.
To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special.
This UP is confusing -  a drain must be opened UP because it is blocked UP.
We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night.
We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk sized dictionary it take UP almost ¼ of the page and can add UP to about 30 definitions.
If you are UP to it you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used.  It will take UP a lot of your time but if you don't give UP you may wind UP with a 100 or more!
When it threatens to rain we say it is clouding UP.  When the sun comes out we say it is clearing UP.  When it rains it soaks UP the earth. When it doesn't rain for a while things dry UP.
One could go on and on but I'll wrap it UP for now .... my time is UP!

Oh ... one more thing.  What is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night?  U    P

Did that one crack you UP?
Don't screw UP.  Send this on to everyone you look UP in your address book ... or not ... it's UP to you.
Now I'll shut UP"

Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

My'scardcorner said...

What a turn UP for the books that was Pam made me think and smile
Myrax

Budge said...

So glad you liked the "UP" Pam
it made me chucle aswell.
you do sound so busy spring cleaning.
thank you for keeping your blog going.

Sylv xx