Sunday 17 July 2011

Chris decided ...

... to go Christmas for her shoebox card. Another really pretty but simple card however it could have been even more simple if I'd read the instructions - *lol* I was going by the look of the sample card and cut all my green squares and then the embossed bits to matt and layer.  I matted them all up and then found the ribbon, which I thought was very long for just a tiny bow. Then I read the instructions - *oooops!* The green card should have been kept whole and the ribbon wrapped around it to make the squares. What I had thought was white card (remember, looking at sample card but from a distance) between each white embossed square was, in fact, the white ribbon.  Anyway, it was too late for me to do anything other than matt and layer and hope to get the spacing right.  It doesn't look it in the photo but it is in fact pretty good - *LOL* 

Some glitter glue was used on the roofs of the buildings to make the snow sparkle. Embossing done with Cuttlebug embossing folders and nestabilites used to cut the greeting plaques.

  Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely card Pam Im going to do more embossing for my Christmas cards this year too.
Myrax