Saturday 17 May 2008

I wish ...

... I'd taken my camera with me on my afternoon visit to Dad. In fact, I think I need to start taking it as matter of course. Postie had called since my morning visit and ................ he'd bought another packet! It was from the MOD (Ministry of Defence for non-UKers!) and it was .......... the medals I'd applied for on his behalf. The medals he should have had way back when but didn't think he was entitled to. It was the medals for his service through WWII - yessssssssssssss!! They are beautifully presented in boxes which have a crest on the top. Can't recall which crest but I'll check tomorrow when I do take my camera!! Once again Dad's face was a treat and I could have cried he looked so proud (OK, I admit it - I did, in the car on my way home - lol).

Here are the ones he's received - a photo of the 'real' ones will be posted as soon as I have them.
OK, so they're not campaign medals as he was never in battle but, he served from before the start of the war to past it's end so has every right to have them, wear them and display them.


No comments: