Sunday 9 November 2008

I'm sort of ...

... back!! I've got a brand new, all singing, all dancing lappy! Decided to put extra to the voucher (as I'd been contemplating replacing old one anyway) and really get a good one! Trouble is I now have Vista which is why I'm only 'sort of' back. I'm now online and finding my way round the new opsys. Thinking of getting techie to partition the lappy for me though and stick XP on as well - if only I was knowledgable enough to do it myself - lol!! That way I can get on with the 'work' to catch up with everything and play with the new stuff. Haven't plucked up courage to hook up the hard drive from dead lappy yet though as I've only been playing for a couple of hours. Need to find out exactly what I've got ready installed on this new one and decide what I want to keep and what to get rid of. Plenty of room to play though - 3gb RAM and 250gb hard drive. Here's the really scary bit - There's an integral webcam!!

Thanks for dropping by .....

3 comments:

Cazz said...

it all sounds very technical hun but one step at a time and you'll get there xx

Jackie said...

im sure you will do just fine Pam, you are pretty switched on when it comes to the techno stuff. (unlike some I can think of . ! lol). Missed not seeing you around much of late... get that blooming thing sorted and get back to us !!! ... take care love J x

wintersparkle said...

lol pam i have vista after having XP and i really dont mind it, and my lappy has the built in webcam