Sunday 7 December 2008

I knew it ....

... I just knew they weren't right!!

I had new specs at the end of August and within a fortnight I'd had them adjusted twice 'cos I wasn't happy with my vision when using them (varifocals). I've never had a pair of specs that I've had to fiddle with so much. I've been wearing varifocals for 10 years or more and, apart from the initial fitting, I've only ever had problems once before. Usually I put 'em on, have them fitted properly and away I go - happy bunny! This pair have driven me to distraction but, going by the 'give it time to get used to them' advice (although I've never needed time before) I've done that. Nights started to draw in and driving in the dark. Could I see? Could I 'eck as like! Road signs became a blur until I was on top of them and it has been driving me crazy. No amount of fiddling gave me that nice crisp, clear picture that I so needed.

Friday I gave in and went back to my old specs - perfick! - I could see again.

Yesterday off to opticians I went. Ended up having eyes retested this afternoon and ............. my prescription was wrong! Seems that long distance is the same as old specs and just needed stronger lenses for close distance. What I'd got was stronger distance and same close. No wonder everything was blurred! Trouble was, in good light it wasn't really noticeable, it was only as night fell and in the dark ......

Now I've got to wait for new lenses so I'm back to my old specs until they're ready.


Thanks for dropping by .....

1 comment:

sheffsue said...

Glad you got that sorted Peejay..wonder what the outcome of an insurance claim would have been if you had had an accident whilst driving with your "faulty" pair. Doesn't bear thinking about really.

Sue x