Sunday, 19 July 2009

Stampin' Up Projects & Challenge

You wouldn't believe it! These probably don't meet all the criteria of the first project and challenge set (definitely not the latter anyway) for my SU Ten group but, as I rarely make anything outside of a class, I think it's lucky I've done anything at all! First of all let me tell you a story ..... It's definitely not Jackie who's the only one can make a mess of things in my circle of friends.

The project involved a template of a gift bag ..... I decided to cheat with the template and photocopy it onto the back (or the side that was going to be the inside of my bag) so that I didn't have to cut it out twice. All very well in practise but it helps if you remember you have stuff queued in the lappy to be printed out and, to let that print when you connect to the printer before you put the good paper in .... I ended up with this ................ :0)

So what is my bag gonna be used for? NOTHING! - 'cos it's got a sales receipt for my Flippin' Christmas order from imag-e-nation on the inside of it now. I ploughed on though and here's my bag and card.

Obviously I used the SU materials provided by Toni (my SU demonstrator) but my embellie is made using the Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Flower Creations. I like that die but have only just started using it and I'm sure there's loads more possibilities with it. I did my usual and was a bit heavy handed on the first couple of score lines for the bag and nearly went through the paper. If you look closely enough you can see the tatty edges in places. Think I would make it again though ... at some point ... and I've still got the template intact - *LOL* Oh yes, I also tried Quicklets (I took some to the Crafter's House Party for peeps to try but don't think anybody did) anyhow, I've used them in the centres of the little flowers. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy! If I make it again I'm gonna cut the top of the bag with a fancy blade so that it's not dead straight.

Here's my sketch challenge card. OK, so the only thing on it that's SU is the backing paper!

The topper I made at a class with Jane Gill ages ago (here) using Rubber Stamp Tapestry and lots of stickles glitter glue. I've inked the edges of the backing paper (which I thought was a brilliant match to the topper) layered it up adding ribbon with one of the Spellbinders Tag Trio (sentiment still to be added) and a bit of bling with some of the new Papermania Shimmer Dots.

Anyway, reckon I've just about (but only just) met the challenges this first month and I'll try to do better next month.



Penny Duncan Creations said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Gorgeous card!!!!!

My'scardcorner said...

Fantastic bag Pam love the blue youve used. Great Christmas card too :0)