Thursday 17 June 2010

Now underway ...

  ... prep for my holiday, that is. Went and exchanged my dollars for euro today. Didn't do so badly by not changing them up when I got back from Tanzania. The buy back was less than 10 cents different to what I bought them for. There are some advantages to a weak dollar - *LOL* I couldn't do a straight exchange, which didn't surprise me. They had to convert dollar to sterling and then to euro. I was advised to change the dollars in Spain where I'd get a straight swap and not lose so much but I had an idea of what a straight exchange would be and I didn't lose out too much. Easier to do it here than mess people around once there. We're only there for a week after all so don't want to spend any of that time in Bureau de Change! Bought some more summer clothes as well. Not what I'd gone for as didn't have anything like I was after but liked what I did get. While I was shopping I had the car valeted.  It used to get done on a monthly basis but now it gets done rarely - ooops!

Pretty much decided what to throw in case regarding crafty stuff - well, right now I have but anything can happen between now and next Thursday! Lifts to and from airport are finalised. So glad airport isn't far so it's not a long journey. With no traffic holdups it's about 40 minutes away ... or less. Now I have to do some washing and ironing and look to do the packing!

Even more catchup ...
After my day at the Glitterpot on 20th May, I felt drained.  Certainly no better. The following day I tried to get an appointment with the GP. No face to face appointments available but they booked me in for a telephone consult. Hmmmm, questions asked and I answered. I explained that I was worried about this pain as I didn't think it was muscular but felt more like my lung. I suspected it was pneumonia but doc decided I needed ant-acids! He reckoned it was indigestion and heartburn. Me? Not convinced at all. Collected the pills but never took one. Weekend came and went and the pain eased away. Although not feeling well at least I had no more pain.

Weather was still good and the plants I'd put in the pond last year are thriving. The iris bloomed and looked beautiful. Pity I wasn't feeling the same *LOL*





Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: