Sunday 9 March 2008

Phew!!

I can breathe a small sigh of relief as the classes yesterday used a spring card and a slider card as their base. I've made spring cards before using the instructions available on Joanna Sheen's site HERE (so much easier to use than any template) and I've also watched the workshop that was available at Moovision on the Crafty Cow site for the slide-up card - unfortunately no longer freely available but available to purchase HERE. A couple of my friends on the imag-e-nation forum have produced written & pictorial instructions for this card so I have them saved for later use. A couple of the more clever members have made the slider card in different shapes and one even made an hexagonal one! Very clever. I did miss playing with some lovely stamps though, which is a disappointment but I can live with the fact I didn't miss out completely and the bonus was, somebody got to play who wouldn't have done if I'd gone - LOL!

Here's an example of one of the spring cards made with Sheila Weaver's instructions on the Joanna Sheen site. I used an A5 card blank (A4 folded in 1/2 by me) and played from there. I already had the medallion made (peeloffs on pearlescent card) and this was an ideal way of using it

I'm still feeling very unwell. I have an appointment with the Practise Nurse on Tuesday so reckon I shall be requesting to see a GP while I'm there. This has been going on for well over a week now and it's far too long. I can't stand for more than a couple of minutes and it's impossible to actually 'do' anything at all. All I can say is, thank heaven's for laptops - LOL! Every time I stand I get dizzy and feel nauseous but there was a bit of a bonus in that I managed to get a reasonable night's sleep last night. The first in over a week!

No comments: