Wednesday 25 June 2008

I've been tagged ...

... by Jak (thanks pal - lol!). Not sure how this tagging lark works 'cos I only found out I'd been tagged by visiting Jak's blog. Do you hope people pick it up when they visit your site or do you have to contact them and if so - how??? Never mind, here's mine anyway and I hope that those I'm tagging pick it up by visiting me - lol!

TEN YEARS AGO........ It's around this time that I had to reduce my working hours from full-time to part-time due to family circumstances. I was working in finance. Always had done, except for 4 years when I was a motor underwriter (well, being in the insurance industry, albeit on the finance side, thought I'd give it a go - lol!) . We were also preparing for youngest son's wedding at The Royal Pavilion in Brighton and also Mum & Dad's Golden Wedding in the October. There was a lot going on 10 years ago - lol!

FIVE THINGS ON TODAY'S 'TO DO' LIST...........
1. Well, the first one has just been cancelled ........... again! That was a visit to the dentist but she's ill and this is the 5th time they've cancelled the appointment but they've finally got another dentist joining the practice so I'm now booked with that one - for July!! I'm doing this tag instead - lol!
2. Morning visit with Dad to take his daily papers & vacuum his stairs.
3. Do more ironing - started yesterday, hope to finish today. Haven't done any ironing (well, not mine anyway) since Mum died so there's loads of it!
4. Afternoon visit with Dad - cook his dinner.
5. Draw up Dad's care instructions for while I'm away so those taking over know what needs to be done .

SNACKS I ENJOY.........
Difficult, this one, as I don't really 'snack'. I rarely eat between meals and I don't keep things like biscuits, crisps, sweets etc indoors. Don't usually buy them as we're not huge fans of them. I'm going to pass on this one 'cos I really can't think of anything other than fruit - mainly bananas - but even those we eat as a sweet after dinner and not as a snack. Oh, just thought - a cream cake, with Dad, on the day I do the shopping!

THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WAS A MILLIONAIRE ...........
Make sure that the family were taken care of. Not sure after that but I'd like to travel a bit.

PLACES I HAVE LIVED.........
Brighton area always and - apart from 6 years in my life (first 3 years of my life and first 3 years of married life) - always in the village of Woodingdean, on the outskirts of Brighton. Just moved streets (last move was 20 years ago in May!)

The people I am going to tag in return are:-
Cally,
Greta,
Cazz
Jackie (no rush Jackie, just get it done NOW - before you go away - lol!)

Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: