Wednesday 5 August 2009

Busy day ...

... and I'm aching like mad. Don't know what to do with my leg or back at the moment and it's still not finished 'cos we're waiting for a grocery delivery. Can't say as I'm that keen about doing the grocery shop online but it's come in very useful over the past few months with my limited mobility. I've done a couple of 'top-up' shops during that period and I've really suffered afterwards. Reckon not going to the store does save money though - but it's not the same as going and picking your own fruit and veg and checking out the 'use by' dates yourself. Meals also tend to get a bit samey when you don't actually walk the aisles - LOL!

Today has been a laundry day. Put first load of washing on and decided it was about time I caught up with some ironing. Spent 5 hours ironing, with a couple of breaks. Watched some stuff I'd got recorded from Create & Craft while doing it so that was a bonus. Still not finished - ironing that is, although I am - but will pick it up again next week. I really must do what I keep intending to do and actually do the ironing following each wash. Would only take ½ an hour instead of several hours where it's built up over months. Obviously have too many clothes - *LOL*!

Weather today has been beautiful. Warm, sunny and not a breath of wind. The ideal balloon flying weather. Only problem is the weather forecast for tomorrow. I've been hoping that the weather today was set to continue but .... we've now been issued with a severe weather warning for this area, with heavy, thundery rain forecast to arrive around 4pm. Time of the balloon flight meet? 5:30pm! Reckon it'll be a no-go ... again. I just hope I get this flight before my hip finally decides there is no way it will happen. Still, forecasts have been wrong before - it should have tipped it down today and it has been the exact opposite so hopefully it will be wrong tomorrow. Balloon company has to decide by 2:30pm whether the flight will go ahead or not .....

We've got some lovely green tomatoes growing though ............... *hehe*! We've also had some more beautiful waterlilies on the pond. We're only getting one at a time and each one is different but they're all beautiful. Hopefully there will be more next year and, with the plants better established I'm hoping that we'll get more than one lily at the same time - *LOL*


Thanks for dropping by .....

No comments: