Friday 14 August 2009

Rainbow Bridge ...

... has another resident. Our Chalky died overnight.

He wasn't 'officially' ours but we were part of his extended family. He was rescued, as an older pup, by youngest son and daughter-in-law back in 2001 and then became the pet of eldest son and his family with me being the 'resident' doggy sitter when needed to cover holidays. There'll be no more crafting holidays for him and me *sob*

He was just 8 years old but he was prone to fits. Not regular enough to medicate and no apparent reason for them. Last night he suffered one fit too many and it killed him, although initially it was thought he'd been poisoned. It's a relief to know that he died from natural causes and he wouldn't have been aware of what was happening, rather than an awful painful death.


R.I.P. Chalky ... you were a joy and will be sadly missed *mwah*


Thanks for dropping by .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Pam so sorry to hear the news about Chalky......so sad.
At least he didn`t suffer. Lovely photo of him.

Jackie p xx
(imag-e-nation)

Rae said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of Chalky. He looks exactly like my yellow lab Piper and it reminds me that some day I will face the same thing. Losing a pet is as painful as losing a family member. It is good to know he didn't suffer.